Friday, June 15, 2012

Double Snatches, Great Finishers, and Taking It Outside

I had a bum shoulder this week, so I had to take it easy.  Nonetheless, I still got some training in.  I took it outside since the weather has been great.  Sometimes I forget that as much as I love to lift and workout, there is also the Zen mindset of working out outside and zoning to nature.  Most of my training is, in fact, to do epic stuff outside; so I hit the woods for good trail runs to work the legs and give my bum shoulder a rest.

At Rogue, the clients were still charging hard.  I have become a big fan of hard finishers to really pack in the training.  Many of my clients were always asking: Is that it?  So I had to work in some good complexes at the end.  I try to focus on gross-motor and bodyweight exercises as to not stress out the clients at the end.  And who wants to get hurt while training.

Below are some clips of finishers after performing the double snatch--the KING of the kettlebell lifts for athleticism and power.  We usually go for about 5 minutes at the end of a hard workout.  And it doesn't have to be anything complicated--simple is usually best.  But try to add them to workouts to get a little metabolic conditioning at the end of your workout regimen.


Clients busting out double snatches with other bodyweight moves as a finisher.


Nothing gets the heart pumping like burpies!

My WOD:

Monday: Strength

WU: TGUs with 32K 5/5

Couplet 1: 6 x 3 double clean and press (32Ks) 
paired with weighted pullups
Couplet 2: 6 x 4 Front squats (32Ks)
Finisher: 3 rounds of 15 x 32K swings and pushups on rings

Rest of week trail running!

No comments:

Post a Comment