Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sports Massage, Back to Basics WODs (for me), and Great Finisher Ideas

I was laid up for the better part of last week with a tweaked muscle and nerve in my shoulder, so I  changed my programming around for myself by trail running and hiking.  It is nice to take a brief break every once and awhile, but I miss my heavy strength days.  I will get back to it.

This week, however, it did force me to get back to some of my basic KB movements, and these WODs were refreshing.  (I went back to my roots and did some old-school Training Room WODs: www.trainingroomonline.com.)  I also am a big fan of the deep-tissue massage, which really helped my old, nagging injury.  I am not a big believer in hocus-pocus--I like to see the proof--but the sport massage worked and took the pain away.

I also revisited some of my classic finishers, which provide a great metabolic burn.  My clients continued to hammer out the workouts by sticking to the basics--going with what works.  I had recently changed up my routine to include exercises that I had sworn off--like heavy bench and too much straight bar deadlift.  Maybe the trainer needs to follow the trainees sometimes--and his own advice.  :)

Check out my WODs, the clients hammering it, and some great finishers!


Saturday Morning Funk!


Great Finishers: Choose One, But They Did Them All!!!

Matt's WOD

Monday
20 min. nonstop

500 m. Rowing
20 Burpies
20 Swings
10/10 Push Press

Tuesday
20 min. AMRAP

15 Swings
10 Goblet Squats
10 Pushups
5 Pullups

No comments:

Post a Comment