Friday, July 13, 2012

Proper Programming and Ramping Up the Conditioning

I hate getting injured and getting off of a training cycle.  But then again, sometimes it is nature's way of telling you to slow down.  That got me thinking about my training and some upcoming events that I'm training for and prepping people for: Half Marathons, Spartan Race, and the IKFF Level 1 and 2 Course at The Training Room in Avon, NJ.  Can't wait to train with Steve Cotter, Ken Blackburn, Jim Milkowski, and Mike Stehle.


Tools of the Trade for Friday 13's Death WOD.

But I got to thinking about my dorked up nerve and training this month: If I can't train uber-heavy, at least I can still train.  So I have been ramping up the conditioning, focusing on intense metabolic round training with some medium-to-light strength days in between.  I want to stay in the game and be at my best during the events.  Thus, it is always important to be mindful of how your body is talking to you about your programming and what you have going on.



Wednesday: Strength
WU:  2 Rounds
20 Swings
20 Pushups
2 min. Rower
1x10 135. ib Bench Press
WO1: 5x5
Bench Press (185) Neck Injury Blows
1-Arm Rows (32K)

WO2: Trap Bar Deadlift
Worked up to 5x1 of 405 lbs.
Thursday: Metacon/Spartan Training
with Frek Fighter Outside (Hot)
5 Rounds Nonstop: I-Go-U-Go (32K) 

10 KB Swings
5/5 Push Press
10 Pullups (Switched Grip)
10 24'' Box Jumps
10/10 16 lb. Sledge Swings





Friday 13th Hell WOD

Prepping for Events

WU: 3 rounds of 5 min. on Heavy Bag and Jump Rope

WOD: Strength
5x5 Clean and Push Press (26Ks)
5x10 Snatch
3x Max of Pullups
3x5 Front Squats

KB Complex Work Focusing on Form with single 26K KB




The power was out in the dungeon, and I forgot socks, so worked out barefoot--telling, aye!

No comments:

Post a Comment