Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Zen and the Art of the Kettlebell Swing, Clients Hitting Metacon Hard, and Moving On

It was somewhere between my 10,001 KB swing and some hybrid Crossfit WOD 8+ years ago at Quantico that I got it.  I had started with kettlebells after doing some workouts I found online.  I worked out, cold or hot or wet, outside of Marine Corps University.  I became known as the "Kettlebell Guy," and I ended up training 100s of people with bells.  It moved onto personal training and taking people to their limits.  But I will never forget that area where I learned about the tenets of proper strength and conditioning while PTing with Marines down on that river's edge, where they kind of have a memorial WOD area for me.


The "Kettlebell" Prison Workout Area!

Now, today is my last day at Quantico, and I have found out that even though I left my last prisoner WOD area, they still have my tools of the trade: a 30lb KB that sits outside always, sandbags, tires, pullup bars, and a picnic bench to jump on.   They even have the slosh pipe.  Well, I have since gotten more training and miss the old WODs, but now I am taking my business fulltime.  It is really for my clients who train so hard to change their life.  That is enough inspiration right there.

So as I leave Quantico today and turn a new page, I will think about all the PT, martial arts, training, running, mountain biking, CrossFit, and strength training I learned about combat fitness.  I have also learned from so many other greats.  I continue on the quest.  More to come on our new big studio with lots of new toys and training protocols.

My clients are dialing hard, too.  They have a lot of races coming up, so their metacon is going through the roof.  Check them in action as they are my labrats for things to come!


Hitting the Metacon Hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment