Thursday, August 23, 2012

AWESOME Black Belt Test, Super 7s Spartan Training Video, and Team EXTREME for Wounded Warriors

As August rolls by, so does the time at Rogue Kettlebell Fitness.  Last weekend, I was a Black Belt Judge for some brown belts testing at United States Karate Center.  As always, Master Thomas had a great panel and some very qualified martial artists.  (You can see how much of a success it was in the pic below.)  It was also a gut check, for I am prepping for my 2nd degree Hapkido test in December.  So make sure to keep up with the training blog in the fall when I kick my martial arts training into high gear.


Great Testing with the News USKC Black Belts.



Board Breaking Carnage.

We also had an intense month of training as many of my clients and I train for different kinds of races: Spartans, Mudders, and long distance running.  Needless to say, our programming is paying off, and we all are feeling strong and fit, plus training hard injury free.  Just goes to show what kettlebells can do for your training.  They are as AWESOME training tool when programmed correctly.

Check out my final Spartan WOD below, and the WODs from the taper week.  Since I want to hit the event strong, I have to cut back a bit.  Still, I like to train somewhat hard the last week, focusing on metacon.  I mostly was sure to hit the running and pullups, since the event will demand those skills.  I cut back on the serious strength training, so I would not get hurt or injured.  This way I will be strong for the event.  I am also running for Team Extreme, an awesome organization that supports our Wounded Warriors.  Having had the opportunity to work and meet them in Bethesda, I take great pride in supporting them.



So what are YOU doing today?  Get Some!!!






Matt's WODs and for the Weekend Warrior





Monday: Strength and Conditioning with Morganator

Round 1: 15/15
Pushups
Swings (40K)

Round 2: 5 Rounds nonstop
200m rower
5/5 Push Press
70 Jumpropes

Finisher 5 round of 15/15
l snatch (32K)
r snatch (32K)
Slamball (25 lb.)



Tuesday: Metacon and Running

WO1: 5 x 15 of Clean and Jerk with 16Ks

WO2: 3 x .5 mile hill run with 10 pullups after each one

WO3: 4 x .5 mile runs
1 set of 20 pullups





Wednesday: Super 7s

7 Rounds minimal rest

70 Jump Ropes
14 Swings (32K)
7/7 Sledge Hits (16 lb.)
7/7 Snatch (24K)
Burpees (20 lb. vest)
Pullups on Rope (vest)
7 Tire Flips






No comments:

Post a Comment