Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Witnessing Team Xtreme and Clients CRUSH the Spartan, Plus Recovery Training


Last Saturday, I ran the Super Spartan Race.  There, I had the privilege of running with Team X-T.R.E.M.E, an amazing organization that does amazing things with our wounded vets.  I also got to run with several clients and friends who trained hard.  It was very satisfying to see great accomplishments from all who participated.


Team XTREME and the Runners.


Frek Fighter and I at the Finish!  Down and Dirty.

It has brought me to a new place in regard to training.  I think that fitness and exercise is life changing, and I have seen many attitudes positively shift as a result.  I am dedicated to showing my clients that same metamorphisis.  It just goes to show that you really can train for anything if you put in the time and effort.  So go out, get fit, and prove to yourself how your fitness can pay off.


Arshia (aka the Jolly Jump Roper) at the finish.  She crushed the rope climb.


Big Mike and His Godson at the Finish!

Check out the race pics and WODs below.  I am back into a strength phase to rebuild my body after the last race and training cycle.  So I am taking it slow and steady not adding too much weight as I ease back into it.  I want to make sure to give my body healthy time to recover, while at the same time increasing base strength for the next strength phase.




WODs

Tuesday: Basic Strength and Conditioning with Frek

Round 1: 3 x 3 x 10
Swings (32K)
Pushups
BW Squats

Round 2: 5x5
Push Press (26Ks)
Pullups (20 lb. vest on ropes)
Front Squats

Finisher:  1-mile run w/ hell hill



Wednesday: Focused Strength

WU: 5 min. of Indian Clubbells and TGUs (24K)

WO: 5x5x5+ (Last round AMRAP)

Double KB Cleans (32Ks)
Weighted Pushups on Rings (20 lb.)
Weighted Ring Rows (20 lb.)
T-Bar Deadlift (225)


Finisher: 3x10 Power Wheel Rollouts


No comments:

Post a Comment