Friday, August 3, 2012

Hitting It Hard in my Backyard and WODs

Since they rescheduled the IKFF cert, I am back to some rigorous strength and conditioning training for the Super Spartan Race at the end of August with Team Extreme for Wounded Warriors.  Also, now that I am running my gym full time, I have to make sure that I still train hard.  I have a pretty full training schedule, but my training everyday is just as important to not only my health and fitness level, but also my credibility as a trainer.  Check out today's WOD below and the finisher.


Big Friday Strength WOD on My Side of the Mountain!

In my last post, I showed the outside area where I trained for years.  I have a similar setup at my house with kettlebells, tires, suspension trainers, ropes, heavy bags, sledges, etc.  It also is the same setup we use at my gym.  So I try to practice what I preach.  But I love training outside in nature--in bare feet--and feeling the connection with nature.  I also do all my martial arts training outside when I can, too.  If it rains, I have a 700 sq. ft. open gym at my training camp under my house.



The BIG Finisher: Tire Flips (with water), Swings, and Sledge Hits!

Check out my WODs and training videos.  Many more to follow, as well as moving to my new, bigger facility in a few weeks.  Make sure to follow on the blog and website (www.roguekbfitness.com) to see all the new stuff.  Or, come join Team Rogue Kettlebell in Haymarket, VA, for the fitness you've been striving for.




Matt's WODs:

Wednesday: Strength

WU: 5/5 TGUs (24K)

Set 1: Circuit 8x3

Clean and Press (2x26Ks)
Weighted Pullups (20K)
Front Squats (2x28Ks

Finisher: 15/15 (work/rest) for 5 minutes
24K KB Snatch
3x10 Ab Wheel Rollouts
Thursday: Metacon training with Morganator

5 Rounds of 40/20 (work/rest)

C2 Rower
Burpees (no cheat)
Snatch (24K: l/r with 20 sec. split in set)
Jump Rope (double-unders)
Friday: Strength and Conditioning

WU: Joint Mobility

Set 1: 5 minutes 1-arm alternating dead clean and press on the 15 sec. mark (30K)

Set 2: 5 rounds
Weighted rope climbs (wearing 2 15 lb. flak vests)
10 Goblet Squats (32K)

Set 3: 3x10 (5/5) with 26Ks
Alternating Floor Press
Renegade Rows

Finisher: 5 min. nonstop
10 Swings (32K)
2 Tire Flips w/ water inside
20 alternating l/r sledge swings

No comments:

Post a Comment