Friday, August 17, 2012

KILLER Training, Never Give Up, and Unleashing Your Inner Athlete

Well, it is going to be a busy few weekends: Tomorrow I have a BB test where I'm a judge (sparring), and then the Spartan Race next weekend.  If you've been following the blog and training routines, then you know that I have been tailoring my WODs towards strength and conditioning.  The reason is that for that during the warm months, I tend to do more activities outside.


A Great Mantra for All!

The downside to all of this is a loss of overall strength.  I noticed this particularly in my pressing power on my right side--and the car accident did not help.   Also, whenever I amp up the running, I lose some overall base strength.  Case in point, my pressing military and clean and press on the right are weak, but I still train that lift because I think it is a key lift to overall performance.

However, this will come back in the late fall when I am done with my summer and fall races and events, and then kick in my strength template.  Once again, I train to be competitive and functional in all areas of life, like most of my adult clients want.  Further, and this may be the biggie, you can train hard and prevent injury.

I am looking forward to seeing my old BB friends at the USKC tomorrow and then running the Super Spartan with a solid team next week.


The USKC BB Crew: Looking forward to seeing the new generation of BBs test.

Train Hard!  Train Strong!  Unleash Your Inner Athlete!



Thursday: Tempo Timed Running

2 x 2 miles

First Run: 8 min. pace
Second Run: 7 min. pace
Friday: Strength
WU: 5-10-15-20
Pushups
24K Swings

Set 1: 5 Rounds
5x5

Strict Press (2x26Ks)
Weighted Pullups (20 lb. vest)
5x5 Front Squats (26Ks)

Finisher: 3 rounds
30 yds. Farmers Walk (26Ks)
10 Double KB Swings (26K)

No comments:

Post a Comment