Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Four-Week Training Cycle in Review: Week of WODs and Lab Rats Showing their Stuff


I finished up last week on Saturday with a great power WOD with my buddy Frek at the gym.  We went hard for Memorial Day and for the fallen--just a reminder that we are still alive and free thanks to them!  I took the rest of the weekend off--kind of--kayaking, fishing, biking, and remodeling my kitchen.  Sometimes, you need a rest--we are getting ready to kick off another 4-week training cycle--and our programming sets you up for life fitness.

I also had a great week and 4-week training cycle with my clients and Lab Rats down at Quantico.  First, I had a bunch of clients work hard and do well at their respected events, and then it was a strength test week with myself and my other crew.



Francesca, aka The Italian Stallion, Showing her Stuff.
At the end of every month or 4-week training cycle, we do WODs still, but with tests of strength so we can see if our programming is working.  With myself and a few others, we ran and did some 1-rep maxing in certain lifts.  Needless to say, we all made gains while maintaining great fitness.


Frek Fighter Hitting 495, on his Way Up!


Below is my WODs with my Lab Rats, and enjoy the videos of some of my crew at Quantico testing their strength and fitness.  Check it out!

















Monday: Strength
WU: Indian Clubbells 5 min
WU Circuit: 3x10 Swings (32K), Pushups, BW Squats
Strength Circuit 1: 8x3

Bench Press Working up to  max-set (205)
1-Arm Rows (36K)

Strength Circuit 2: Max Deadlift

Worked up to 405 (Frek 505)








Tuesday: Metacon

5 Rounds / I-Go-You-Go (Nonstop)

32K KB

5/5 Push Press
10 Pullups
10 30-inch box jumps
5/5 Snatch








Thursday: Strength
WU: 5/5 TGUs (32K)


Strength Circuit: 3 (1,2,3) (32Ks)


Clean and Press (strict)
Weighted Pullups (32K)
Front Squats


Friday: Metacon Nonstop


20 min of heavy bag and jumprope
(3 min bag/1 min rope)








Saturday: Power and Strength
4 Exercises: 10-8-6-4-2-1 reps
with 24Ks, 26Ks, 28Ks, 32Ks, 36Ks, 40Ks


Finish all reps and move to next exercise (I go-you-go)
1-arm Push Press
Double Cleans
Front Squats
Renegade Rows


Frek Fighter Hitting 505 on Deads, Getting Ready for Spartan Race: Kettlebells and Strength Training Works!

No comments:

Post a Comment