Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Walking the Talk, Lab Rats, and WODs


Still can’t believe that I ran 10 miles off the couch the other day (Sunday), then hit heavy strength and metacon.  Personally, I like people who give advice based on their own training experience; hence, I test all my training out on me and my Lab Rats at Quantico.  Further, I have developed 2 awesome programs for strength and conditioning: Matt’s Ultimate Conditioning Course (MUCC), and Matt’s Ultimate Strength Training (MUST).  Both are templates that we use at my gym, depending in the season.  Trainers have more merit when they walk the talk.
So here are my workouts for the last 2 days, done with LtCol Frek Fighter and Super SSGT Sturgill.  I will post workouts along with what other events I can do.  At Rogue, we train that way because we are athletes, plain and simple.  We also break up our programming to focus on strength and power during some workouts, while focusing on metabolic endurance during others.  It gives you the best bang for the buck!


Monday: Strength
WU: 3/3 TGUs (26K KB)
Strength Circuit: 5x5 (double 26K KBs)
Clean and Press (strict)
Weighted Pullups (26K on foot)
Front Squats (rock bottom)
Finisher: 3 x 10 KB Swings (double 26Ks)
Tuesday: Metacon
6 Rounds
40 sec on/20 sec off
Concept 2 Rower
Pushups
KB Snatch (24K l/r)
Finisher: 2X
Jump Rope (100 twirls)
Stair Runs
 


No comments:

Post a Comment