Monday, May 21, 2012

Train Hard, Train Strong, Do Epic Stuff


Recently, my old training partner, Frek Fighter, got back from Afghanistan.  He told me that he loved my training in prepping to go overseas because it allowed him to “DO ANYTHING”!  He put this to the test during his predeployment training and tests--by SMOKING them--and while he was in-country.  He went further to state that he missed training with me and kettlebells, often lamenting that the biggest he had there was 45 lbs.  Nonetheless, he led workouts for the various people he was deployed with, service-wide.
Now, we are hitting the training hard, and he wants to do some EPIC S***, like races, events, etc., just “because I can.”  Well, this past weekend, roughly a dozen Rogue clients competed in different races and such--just to prove THEY could!  And they rocked, attributing their awesome fitness to the training and program design at Rogue Kettlebell Fitness, where the kettlebell is our staple training tool.  They competed in everything from the Warrior Dash to half-marathons to a 50K!


Look at those SMILES!!!  Team Rogue Kettlebell CRUSHING the Warrior Dash.

I, like my clients, like to to epic stuff, mainly outdoors.  That is why I love the kettlebell training: It is efficient, builds amazing fitness, and is fun.  It also makes me healthier.  Case in point: I did a couple of big mountain bike rides over the weekend: a 25-miler up a 2000 ft. mountain, and then a single speed single track ride with my son.  Now, I have not trained hardcore on a bike this year, but I still smoked each ride, without being tired or sore.  (And on bikes that are not for the weak of heart.)  More proof that kettlebell strength and conditioning, done the right way, can propel you to do anything EPIC.


Me and My 1x9 Hog--rigid as he is--about to hit the epic downhill, the Rock Garden of Death, Mudhole Gap!

So get out and enjoy life, and like Bruce Lee suggested: Don’t let your training tool become your crutch.  Your training should prepare you for anything life throws at you.  And at Rogue Kettlebell Fitness, that is why we Train Hard, Train Strong--so we can live life outside the box and do EPIC S***!!!

Rogue Clients Training Hard and Strong Last Week: Check This Finisher!





1 comment: