Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Post-36K B-Day Workout and Weekly WODs

Yesterday, I turned 37--not quite “old man” status yet, but on the downward slope to 40.  Nonetheless, I still train hard, and I’m stronger than I was in my 20s.  In fact, on my B-Day, I did a wicked kickboxing-jumprope workout with an Army captain, and smoked it.  No doubt, it is the kettlebells and the fitness program that I practice and teach.  There are so many benefits to these.




The Big 36K B-Day Bell!


Anyways, in honor of my 36th rotation around the sun--and to prove I’m still in the game--I decided to workout with the 36K kettlebell today.  Who says that getting older means getting weaker.  Below are my WODs from the past few days and some footage and pics of a complex with the 36K, and me hitting 405 on the deads (10 x 1).  Peace!



CRAZY 36K Kettlebell Comlex! Old But Still in the Game!
       

405 lb. Deadlift.





Last Thursday: Metacon/Cardio
4-mile trail run with .5 mile hill sprint at end
Finished with 4 x 200 yds




Monday: Strength
WU: 5 min Indian Clubbells
5/5 TGUs (32K KB)
Strength Circuit 1: 8 x 3 (double 32K KBs)
Clean and Press (strict)
Weighted Pullups (32K on foot)
Strength Circuit 2: 6 x 4
Front Squats (32Ks)
Finisher: 5 min of snatches with 32K bell (hit floor once)





Tuesday: Metacon
10 Rounds
1:30 min on/20 sec off
Martial Arts Circuit
Couplet
--Hitting Heavy Bag
--Jump Rope
Finisher
Takedowns and Grabs (Jujitsu and Kungfu) with Capt Sherbo US Army




Wednesday: Strength
WU: 5 min Indian Clubbells
Primer: L/R Complexes with 36K bell
TGU/C&P/1-Arm OH Squat/Snatch/Pullup
Circuit 1: 5 x 5 Circuit
1-Arm Floor Press
1-Arm Row
Circuit 2: Deadlift 10 x 1 x 405
Finisher: 20-15-10-5
36K Swings/Pushups

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Matt....who is that Francesca? She is kicking it hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. She is called the Italian Stallion around here. Hope all is well Hulk.

    ReplyDelete